June is a busy time for the team at Tancred Farm Shop as we stock up with our hand prepared sausages, bacon and burgers in anticipation of our farmers markets throughout the month.
The first chance to pick up those essential ingredients for Father’s Day comes on Sunday 7th June , when you will find us at Briggate Farmers and Craft Market in Leeds city centre. Or bring Dad along too – as we return to this excellent market on Sunday 21st – and let him pick his favourite choice for tea.
We step out again on Friday 26th where you will find us on York Farmers Market, in the newly renovated Shambles Market space. In addition to the wide variety of handmade sausages we’ll be selling the pork and beef raised right here on Tancred farm, with lots of options for the weekend whatever the weather.
Finally, close of June signifies the arrival of Wimbledon and the last chance to catch us away from the farm with the Chapel Allerton Farmers Market on Sunday 28th. We have an abundance of ideas for tasty sustenance during the coming tennis marathon, why not try our pork fillet and have a go at this effortless recipe adapted from Nell Stephenson at http://www.paleoista.com/
|Cocoa Marinated Pork Fillet.|
Prep time: 12 hours
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 12 hours 10 mins
- 1kg Tancred Farm pork fillet, sliced 2cm thick
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons raw cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chipotle, dried, ground
- Whizz the marinade thoroughly with a hand blender. Rub the paste into the pork fillet pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- Sauté gently in a non-stick frying – taking care not to burn the marinade.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables or a big green salad for a quick and easy lunch with friends.